Monday, November 16, 2015

Love, Life & Laugh: "That special Someone"

"Running away from love? or Love just can't find you?"

Another good friend is about to get married and as usual I was again tapped to help out with the preparations. I love weddings and happy endings! I find it really brave for someone to want to spend the rest of their lives with another person. I imagine its not easy - scary even, but as they say if you really love a person you would want to "naturally" spend every minute of it with that person. sweet diba? Totoong may "FOREVER!"

And while I am soooo happy for them (honest!) I cant say I'm happy for myself because like every wedding planning, meeting, whining - whatever the bride feels like doing or feeling at the moment, somehow (every time) they manage to lecture me on why the earth I'm still single which will eventually leads to a matchmaking game! Seriously? I'm practically NBSB (no boyfriend since birth) a fact that I'm proud and not so proud of (depends on the situation). 

But since my friends feels so happy right now that she's marrying "the one" of course its natural that they want their remaining single friends to also find their "forever". And for that I'm will do my best to be sport about it. Hahaha.

So while hanging out on my newly found favorite local cafe, looking for inspiration on how to help them make their wedding extra special, I actually get to think what she said about "me running and hiding from love" that she wants me to be happy - and to be so I'll have to try to mellow down a little, be still a little and yes be nice a little... I've had this conversation with her before (its a favorite topic really) and normally I would just laugh and shrugged my shoulders at her but with her fiance (who is a pastor by the way) double tagging me. I, of course had to give sensible and acceptable answer: that I'm not running or hiding from it, it just that maybe its not my time. That while I'd love to be in love I cant just make my self feel and pretend to be just so they would stop worrying about me. That whether or not I will find love I'll happy :)

So while having my yummy HAW HAW frappe suddenly words are playing - juggling inside my head that I just had to write it down and came up with this:

Dance in the rain with someone you love,walk under the moonlight,
play under the sun, dream under the stars.

I'd like someone who'll say I love you too and mean it.

To have someone watch over me, not because I am weak
but because he cared.

I'd like to be the source of someone's smile.
the reason he believes in life.

I know that there will always be a rough time...

But I'd like to be someone,who can make the fight worthwhile.
If not make it easier.

The cause of someone's happiness.
To be able to speak in silence, know that he will never leave.

Be the woman who brings out the best in him.
even tho I am at my worst.

Be more than a friend but not less than a woman.

I know life is hardly perfect. I know I'm not!

I pray for someone who will show me the real him,
who would accept me for who I am and for what I choose to be.

I pray for someone who respects life.
Someone who will put God between us to keep us strong.

And I hope to be that person he prays for.


No comments:

Post a Comment